The Junior Secretary position will work closely with the Director of Governance and the Secretary as a supporting role in fostering communication and ensuring proper management and utilization of important organizational records. Generally, the Junior Secretary will support the unique structural needs of the organization. This will include supporting the Secretary with producing meeting agendas, and taking meeting minutes at All-Committee Meetings. As a member of the Governance Committee, the Junior Secretary may be asked to assist the Director of Governance and/or Secretary in drafting official documents.
With the support of the Governance Committee, the Junior Secretary may be asked to:
- Be an active conduit for communication between the Lead Council and members along with the Secretary.
- Give proper notice of any meetings and timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes if the task is delegated to the Junior Secretary.
- Develop meeting agendas, and meeting minutes if the task is delegated to the Junior Secretary.
- Aim to be helpful to the Council as they discharge their fiduciary duties.
Responsibilities of the Junior Secretary:
- Work with the Secretary to prepare and send meeting materials (minutes and agendas) 48 hours in advance or following the meeting for each director to review and correct any errors.
- Be well-equipped to record accurate minutes and be aware and sensitive to any special or confidential information discussed at a meeting.
- Support and maintain a log of eligible funding opportunities.
- Work with the secretarial team to provide general administrative support where necessary.
- Be available to support YLAC’s outreach events.
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiar with GoogleDrive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
- Part-time (4-6 hours/month)
- Attend one monthly All-Committee Meeting (Sunday afternoon)
- Director of Governance & Secretary
- Works collectively with the Governance Committee members as needed.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries which are satisfactory and in accordance with internal procedures.