We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and friendly Photographer and Videographer who is interested in capturing the best moments of YLAC events while bringing an interesting and unique style to the photos and videos. We are looking for someone who will work as part of the Communications Committee alongside our Planning and Events Committee. Your tasks will include producing and editing quality photographic or video products.
Responsibilities of the Photographer/Videographer:
- Photography and photo retouching, field shooting;
- Produce authentic, inspiring video content and video editing;
- Edit engaging photo and video assets that will be used across various forms of digital media;
- Be familiar with the event timetable to develop a plan for the highlights or important moments to capture;
- Work with Membership and Social Engagement Committee and provide relevant photos for the YLAC membership monthly newsletter; and
- Be available to support YLAC’s outreach events.
- Creative, self starting photo/video enthusiast.
- Passion for storytelling through photo and video.
- Available to attend most YLAC events.
- Educational background in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Broadcasting, Communications, Film & Television, Digital Marketing; and/or an acceptable combination of experience in photography and videography.
- Experience in creating content for social media platforms
- High quality photography and videography equipment and editing software.
- Part-time (4-6 hours/month)
- As needed basis
- Attend one monthly All-Committee Meeting (Sunday afternoon)
- Director of Communications
- Works collectively with the Lead Council as needed, as well as the other Communications Committee members.
- Collaborates with the Planning & Events Committee, the Public Relations Committee, the Membership & Social Engagement Committee, and the Community Engagement Committee.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries which are satisfactory and in accordance with internal procedures.