We are looking for a Webmaster to join our team! The individual will be responsible for the management of the YLAC website. Tasks will range from building various landing pages and web forms to the creation of online graphics for marketing campaigns. The role includes keeping the website up to date and populating pages on the website.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure site security by setting up firewalls and login pages;
- Perform necessary website updates, including content updates;
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images;
- Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g. traffic, conversions);
- Maintain the website events calendar;
- Meet with Director of Communications regularly to discuss current and future functionality;
- Contribute to discussions on ways to improve functionality and usability;
- Collaborate with Communications sub-committee to meet needs and improve efficiency; and
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Ability to generate creative ideas;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines;
- University/College degree in marketing or a technical field is an asset; and
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
- Previous experience in a webmaster role and or experience building efficient web infrastructure;
- Expertise in WordPress, Weebly and/or Squarespace, as well as proficiency with Google Analytics;
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal & written), especially explaining abstract concepts;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and databases to prepare documents, reports, and perform quantitative analysis;
- Working knowledge of website management tools, relevant coding languages, content management systems, current website software and current trends;
- An eye for aesthetics and basic competency in graphic design;
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities;
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- Organized, transparent & collaborative;
- Part-time (8-9 hours/month)
- Attend one All-Committee Meeting per month (Sundays)
- Director of Communications
- Works collectively with the Lead Council as needed, as well as the other Communications Committee members.
We thank all candidates who apply. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries and/or reference checks, which are satisfactory and in accordance with internal procedures.