The Secretary position plays a critical role in fostering communication and ensuring proper management and utilization of important organizational records. Generally, the secretary will meet the unique structure and needs of the organization. The Secretary’s responsibilities will include producing meeting agendas at least 48 hours in advance of meetings, and taking meeting minutes to be published within 48 hours of a meeting having taken place. The sole member of the Governance Committee, the Secretary, shall assist its Chair in drafting official documents, ensuring that they operate in tandem with YLAC’s Official Governance Structure and Council Bylaws.
Role & Responsibilities
With the support of the Governance committee, you will:
- Be an active conduit for communication between the board and members
- Give proper notice of any meetings and timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes.
- Aim to be helpful to the board as they discharge their fiduciary duties.
- Schedule board meetings and should ensure an adequate number of meetings are held per year
Responsibilities of the Secretary:
- Prepares and sends meeting materials (minutes and agenda) 48 hours in advance of the meeting for each director to review and correct any errors
- Be well-equipped to record accurate minutes and be aware and sensitive to any special or confidential information discussed at a meeting.
- Maintain a log of eligible funding opportunities
- Be available to support YLAC’s outreach events
- Part-time (2 – 4 hours / week)
- Attend the Two Board and One All-Committee Meetings per month (Sundays)
- Director of Governance
- Works collectively with the other Lead Council and committee members as needed.
Interested? Send you resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. While all interested individuals will be considered, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.